Saturday, August 9, 2008

Overwhelmed

A few months ago I googled things like: "marriage and depression" - and found TWO sites that spoke right to my heart.

One site had a comment thread from 2006 to today! I heard so much of my own heartache and struggles in those comments. I went back to read the comments several times hoping new people had posted another bit of something that would be helpful to me.

I felt overwhelmed that there was so much hurt out there and so few resources. I wanted to invite you all over for a big BBQ and depression support group or something! But living with a depressed spouse, at least for me, requires a bit of anonymity for now. Plus I don't have that kind of money :) - thus a Blog.

My friends and family are supportive, but there is only so much they can take - you know. I don't want to depress myself and everyone around me by dwelling SO much on things. But I still need much more support than I'm getting or I'll snap! I try to balance my husband's depression and the effect it has on me with my everyday life. It is difficult, very difficult. This blog will help me do that.

I hope in some way this blog will help you.

Future Topics:
My story
The most useful marriage/depression book I've ever read
Quote of the week
What has helped/What hasn't
Survival skills
For fun
For inspiration

That should be a good start. I blog in between running a household and business but hope to update several times a week.

If you visit please leave a comment - even if it has to be anonymous - comments are the BEST part of blogging!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where are the comments and post.... Im looking for support help with my girlfriend.... I am overwhelmed here.... trying to go day to day with life... I do get angry a lot but know I dont let her see that... i vent to her mother and a close friend. i stay positive around her and give words of encouragement during the week. I love this woman. please keep up this site... I really need it.

RM said...

Thank you for your site. Please keep blogging!